10.18.2010

All Pratt-ched Up


I'm a senior in higschool. Whats next? COLLEGE.
A scary word I know, I am just as freaked out as anyone else who is applying, if not more. I decided to do something insane and apply to 9 colleges... yes 9 and out of those 9 I only really have 2 that I am insanely crazy about, Rhode Island School of Design and Pratt Institute.
I went to RISD this summer for 6 weeks majoring in graphic design and had the most amazing time of my life and I want nothing more than to go to art school. So I am doing everything in my power to get there, for example booking meetings with any college that comes to San Fransisco. Lucky me Pratt came to San Fran and I had a meeting with them on Saturday... It should have been the most amazing thing ever, I was prepared, everything was perfect. Except one thing.. I forgot about the directions part. I know right? DUH. But just my luck I was next to a cab at a traffic light and he gave me directions! I got there, went to the front desk to find out where my meeting was and there, it hit me, so hard I didn't know what to do. I was at the wrong hotel. Something horrific like this WOULD happen to me, it was bound to. By the time I found my way to the hotel I was supposed to be at I only had 5 more minutes left till the meeting was over. Just my luck, I know, insane right? I was freaking out, a mess the whole day, but Monday rolled around(which is today of course) and knowing my crazy strive to get into a college I called Pratt and booked an appointment for December 4th, and nothing, I mean nothing, will ruin it.

Also! Yesterday I made 2 new cards&put them up on Etsy. In addition to booking a showcase spot on Wednesday for my cards to be shown on the front page of Etsy! Hopefully this is one of my many big breaks.

go to www.etsy.com/shop/hndmadesunshine if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment